Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I transfer my Save Game on my xbox internal memory unit to a new gamer profile?

I just got my xbox back and want to play forza 2 but my gamer profile was on my hard drive and my brother lost it. I was wondering if i could transfer my old save game from the memory unit (it says unknown profile) to my new one. I don't play live or anything just me. When i try to copy/move it it says i cant transfer save games and **** from profile to different profile.|||If it was an Xbox Live gamertag (Silver or Gold) you can do the Recover Gamertag to get your gamertag back onto your memory unit, then the Forza 2 save should work.





If it was a local profile, then there's nothing you can do. The save is tied to a specific profile by a special code, so even if you create a new profile with the same name, your old save won't work with it. It's done to help stop people from cheating their gamerscore by loading somebody else's saved games.

No comments:

Post a Comment