Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why do I have a feeling that speed running makes a gamer better than normal playing?

When I see these gamers doing speed runs, It makes me feel that they are better than me because I can't play like them.How to be a true gamer? by speed runs?|||Well, a speed runner is basically a person who rushes through RPGs, Side-scrollers and the sort, but they aren't always better than you. They've just played the game so many times, they've memorized what they have to do for a speed run.





In my own opinion, there is no such thing as a true gamer, because we have casual and competitive, and that's pretty much it. The competitive gamer dedicates himself to his skills, and usually engages in RTS, and Arcade style gaming (Dota, HON, LoL, Warcraft, Starcraft, Tekken) Whilst a casual gamer plays any game they feel like.





I have a feeling that you've been watching Super Mario speed runs, they've probably beat the game hundreds of times to get to that point of gaming.





To be a true gamer, you've just gotta be the best. That's pretty much all I can say. Speed running is great and all, but I prefer RTS, it's a skill of strategy, micro, macro, reflexes, and of course competition.





You don't have to be fast to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment